Sunday, December 22, 2019

unequal charity

From my friend, Pat.  I love this!!!

I have a friend, a good friend, no a lifelong friend. Over the years, he’s been broken, disappointed, abandoned, injured and I’ve been there. Over the years I’ve been broken, disappointed, abandoned, injured, but I can’t say I’ve heard from him much.

This lack of balance, used to bother me. But I realize it was because I was doing good deeds because I expected something back: good deeds. Really, life never works that way, and discovering this gave me a whole new perspective on interacting with others. We all believe that we should get good treatment from our friends when we are in need. Sometimes we do, more often we don’t: it feels terrific to have someone care for you.
It feels even better to be kind to others just for the sake of adhering to what you want to be, not to get something in return.

Be kind because its good for you, and because its good for someone else.


It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com
- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020

No comments: