Saturday, December 21, 2019

I'm OK, You're OK

One of the first books that ever read was I'm OK, You're OK.  I wish I would have retained more of the message of the book, I might have enjoyed life a bit more.  But I read it when I was in 9th grade.

Anyway, my friends Dick and Mary gave me a book for Christmas.  On the back of the book is this poem:

You are invited to come home to
Y O U R S E L F.
To your radiance.  Your ritual.
Your courage.  Your clarity.
Your power.  Your purpose.
Your strength.  Your softness.
Your adaptability.  Your acceptance.
Your endurance.  Your excellence.
                         Elena Brower

I wonder what the world could be like if people just learned to like themselves.  If people could just believe that they are ok, and you are ok, and I am ok.

No more judgement, no more hatred, no more me vs you vs them.  Just kindness and grace.  For the sake of your happiness and that of others, please be ok.

You are ok.  Come home to yourself.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com
- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020

No comments: