Saturday, October 29, 2022

$13.02

Family dollar. 

I was on the way to church on October 16th and I stopped at family dollar. I stopped because I was early for church and I had time to run one of my lists of many errands. 

I stopped to get chocolate for the server at my favorite restaurant. And I stopped to get greeting cards, thank you cards for four pastors. 

This is pastor appreciation month. 

When I got in line to pay, the guy in front of me couldn’t get his Apple Pay to work. So he had $13 worth of stuff and no way to pay for it. He and the cashier spent about 10 minutes messing around with this Apple Pay.  I finally offered to pay for it.  I don’t know if it was because I was getting aggravated for waiting or if I actually had a generous moment. 

But I would like to say again that giving up $13.02 did not kill me. Generous moments are always better than stingy ones. 

What would happen if we all carried $13.02 in our pocket, every day, for such situations?  And when you spend it to help someone, replenish it?  What would happen?  

Join the $13.02 club.  Who can you be a blessing to today?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: