Thursday, October 6, 2022

Prayers answered

The recent hurricane prompted many to pray for safety.  That reminds me of one of my favorite stories, or sermon illustrations.

A woman said, "during the war we prayed that God would keep us safe.  And, Praise God!  He did!!!  All of the bombs fell on the other side of town."

We must always remember that the storm is going to hit somewhere.  And while I don't want it to hit our home, I really don't want it to hit anyone.  I don't want anyone's life to be devastated.  So while we may be happy that our family and friends are safe, may we remember that someone else's family and friends were not safe.

Let us expand our circle of care to include those we don't know.  Those who are outside our normal circle.  May we all expand our circle of love and care.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: