Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Pastor Appreciation Month

Pastor Appreciation month is October.  It is almost over.  If you have not done so, I would invite you to write a note to your pastor or tell him/her that you love them.

Granted it is an obscure holiday.  It was probably created by Hallmark to make money, like Cinco de Mayo.  Last week in church I brought a card for Pastor Tim 3 and asked where the box was for cards.  No one knew what I was talking about.

The life of a pastor has some very rewarding moments, and some very difficult ones.  I miss the rewarding ones, and do not miss the difficult ones at all.

Yet there is good news for me, and for you.  All of you, pastors or not, can still provide the rewarding parts, which include loving people.  We can do this every day, even if we are retired.  

Even if you don't read this until November, please tell your pastor, "hey I missed pastor appreciation month, but I love you and I am thankful for you."  It will mean a lot to them.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: