Friday, October 21, 2022

how to do it

But how do I love?  Ok, I get it, I should be more loving.  But how to do it?

I take my neighbors flowers.  [I take flowers to my neighbors.]  I cook brownies for my sick friend.  I serve a meal at the Ronald McDonald house.  But somehow, I feel that something is lacking.  What can I do?  How can I show love?  How do I know that I am truly being a person of love???

I think loving your neighbor begins with seeing your neighbor.  Whatever we see we value.  Whatever we focus on, we value.  If we’re not seeing, if we’re not paying attention to a thing, we’re not caring.  That’s how we lose our keys, that’s how we lose our relationships  that’s how we lose our way. 

What are you paying attention to?  Do you want to be a person of love?  See people.  See the cashier at Lowes.  See the man at the car wash.  See the person wanting to get into the lane of traffic.  Don't get lost in your stuff.  Always have time for people.  Always see people.  

That is what Jesus did.  And, if we follow him, we will see people too.  See them.  Love them.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: