Monday, October 17, 2022

The Way, the Truth and the Life

Oh how we love to make things about us.  Our brains are "me" centered, and our churches are usually wired for self preservation.  That means that we have created doctrines and systems that support "our way" as if it were the "only" way.

Let's look at the phrase, "the way, the truth and the life" found in John 14:6.  The way that denominations use it makes it feel like this...

In the Baptist church, it sounds like, "I am Jesus, and I am the Baptist way, the Baptist truth and the Baptist life."  In the Catholic church it sounds like, "I am Jesus, the Catholic way, truth and life."  There are denominational Jesus' of every type.  There is a Mormon Jesus.  There is probably a Methodist Jesus.  These are all created to support our denominational, our tribe's way of looking at theology and the world.

Jesus will not be defined or contained by any of them.  He is bigger than our definitions of him.  He is larger than our formulas.

What if, when he says, "I am the way, the truth and the life" he means this...  

Before the world was formed, I am.  Before Pastors insisted that you believe it their way, I am.  Before the religions organized, I was.

Therefore, where ever you go in this world, you will find me.  I am the way.  If you find something that feels like the way, that is me.  I am the truth.  If you find truth, regardless of the label that man has put on it, that is me.  And if you find freedom and life, regardless of the parameters, that is me.

I am Jesus.  The Way, the Truth and the Life.  I am the Cosmic Christ from the beginning.  I will not be bound by denominational definitions.  I am not contained by man's doctrine.  

Find me.  I am out there.  I am out there in all kinds of places that might surprise you.  I am Jesus.  I am everywhere.  

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: