Friday, October 28, 2022

Lucy the St. Bernard

My sister Amy has a 9 year old St. Bernard named Lucy.  For a number of common reasons, Lucy has gone mostly blind.

I was thinking about Lucy and how your world changes when you lose your eye sight.  For a dog, they still need to go on walks, but they must rely on the leash and the voice of their master.

Oh how comforting must be the voice of the master.  Especially when, particularly when, one cannot see.  I know that Lucy takes great comfort from Amy's reassuring voice.

I thought of the scripture passage in John 10, "my sheep hear my voice and I know them and they follow me."

How comforting to know that in a world where we cannot always see what is happening, there is a comforting voice.  In a world that includes war and economic concerns, the voice of the Master is still there.

Stop.  Listen for his voice of peace.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: