Saturday, October 1, 2022

Biblical ideas we don't or shouldn't believe anymore

The title speaks for itself.

Biblical ideas that are no longer relevant.  There are ideas presented in the Bible that we should not, cannot believe any longer.

In no particular order.

1.  Women are property.  Women should be subservient.

2.  Slavery is OK.  It is an acceptable part of society.  Slaves, just obey.

3.  Rebellious sons should be killed.

4.  If the enemy surrounds your city, it is ok to eat your children.

5.  Something must be killed in order for God to be happy.

6.  You can't or shouldn't eat shrimp.

7.  You shouldn't have a savings account... don't store up treasure on earth.

Just because I set aside archaic ideas that are presented in the Bible does not mean that I do not love God.  Actually, when I can be honest about this topic, I love God more.  God makes more sense.  The Bible is still a book filled with lots of great wisdom, and I can gain much from it.  Today I am free to experience and follow a God that is truly a God of love.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.


No comments: