Sunday, October 30, 2022

If I make you mad

From time to time, what I write is evidently upsetting to some folks.

  • Maybe I was too hard on the church.
  • Maybe I shared what someone else wrote.
  • Maybe I offered too much grace.
  • Maybe I thought we should help the homeless.
  • Maybe I thought that we should be more generous.

And someone sends me a note to complain.  And that makes me happy.  Because, I want to make people think.  I want to help us look past the self and see the bigger picture.  I want to help us to move away from being manipulated and to learn to live lives of joy.

If what I write is upsetting to you, then maybe something good is happening.  It is good, really good to question our ways of thinking.  We should never be threatened by new thoughts.  Without new thoughts, we do not grow, we do not change, and we remain stuck in old systems.

Consider what I write.  Consider what everyone says, especially those who are on the other side of a discussion.  I am glad to hear from you anytime.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: