Saturday, April 22, 2023

A soft answer




More on yesterday's post.

I chose to be nice back to the person who was ugly to me.  I always try to be nice, but I am not always successful.  Yesterday, I was nice.

Today, they called back to apologize.  Well they didn't really say, "I'm sorry," but they called to make sure that everything was ok.  That we were ok.  They did that without really saying anything... no direct communication about it, just general conversation to let me know that they were back in.

And I thought of the scripture from Proverbs 15:1 "A soft answer turns away wrath, but grievous words stir up anger."

I cannot tell you that when you are kind you will always be rewarded with a good outcome.  But I can promise you that when you return evil for evil, you will most assuredly end up with a painful outcome.

Kindness is always the best choice, even when you want to hurt back.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good. 

No comments: