Friday, April 21, 2023

Absorbing Pain




I had something happen to me the other day.  Someone delivered pain.  Right to my doorstep.  I did not see it coming.  I got no notifications.

I wondered if I had hurt someone and they were retaliating.  The answer ultimately was yes.  I had hurt someone and someone else responded on their behalf... Wow... I did not mean to, and I had no idea.

For what I delivered to them, the response seemed much more intense than it needed to be.  

I thought about the situation quite a bit.  I felt badly.  I felt wounded.   I am sure that this was their intention.  I thought about ways that I could explain to them or get back at them, but I stopped my self from doing so.

Sometimes, we have to just absorb the pain.  That is what Jesus did for sure.  I am not saying that I am Jesus, of course not.   Sometimes, it may seem unjust, and you may not understand, but absorbing the pain is the healthiest thing to do.

I am not suggesting that you become a door mat... but too many humans respond too strongly and too quickly.  We need to at least consider the option of just absorbing the pain and letting the thing dissipate.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: