Thursday, April 20, 2023

Scams


Oh my!!!  The scams out there.

There are scams where auto mechanics and other trades work to pressure you to buy things that you don't need.  Buyer be ware!!!  Just say no!  Ask a friend that knows about cars!!!  Anytime you go in for the cheap oil change they will almost always try to sell you brakes.  Don't fall for it.

There are scams for high prices on line... always check multiple price sources when making a purchase.  I was ready to buy a vacuum part on Amazon for $60.  I looked at another web site and found the same part for $17.  Look around.

Then there are the electronic scams... Facebook friends want to tell you about a government program to get money.  Direct TV is having a 50% off sale.  [that guy was so good that I was on the phone with him for 20 minutes before I figured out it was a scam.]  Then by email you learn that someone is stranded out of town and needs money.

I have known wonderful, normal people who have fallen for such foolishness.

When you are presented with such an invitation ask yourself some questions...

  • Do they want my personal information? [your real vendors already have it. they don't need to ask you for it.]
  • Are they asking me to click on some link? Don't do it.
  • Are you being pressured to act immediately? Warning sign for sure.
  • The worst sign to me is that they ask for some unusual form of payment... They want you to pay them in gift cards or some electronic means. Don't do it!!!
Friends... pay attention!!!

Im Mt. 10:16 Jesus said, Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.


No comments: