Monday, April 10, 2023

I am right!!!

I am right!  I have it right!  

This is what many Christians say.  They insist that their way is right, and that other's ways are wrong.  I  find such statements annoying.  But then, here I am and I have to say it too... I am right!

I have boiled Christianity down to loving God and loving your neighbor.  This is what Jesus did.  Paul actually piles on in 1 Cor 13 "if I have not love, I am nothing."

I think it is annoying to say that we have it right.

But there are some differences between my view that I have it right, and the view of so many others who insist that they have it right.

Difference #1 - others who say that they have it right, usually have a long list of what is right and what is wrong and who is in and who is out.  My list is short.  Love God, love others.

Difference #2 - most others who insist that they are right, also add that those who do not agree, well they are wrong.  I don't personally need to do that.  I may from time to time illustrate some things that I think are wrong because I want you to be wary of the ideas.  But the people that hold them, I can just love them.  I don't have to shame them.  I don't have to tell them that they are not in the in group.

Everyone has to decide what they think "right" is.  To me it is simple.  Love God, love others.  That is all.  We need nothing more.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.


No comments: