Monday, April 17, 2023

Stable Government


So, put this in the category of things to be thankful for.  And there are many many other things that we should be thankful for... we should think of one every day.

I am thankful for a stable government.

I have been watching the Netflix show "Designated Survivor."   I have really enjoyed it so far.  It is about a man who is thrust into the presidency after a tragic attack that kills most of the leaders of the US.  He is trying to restore a sense of normalcy and stability.  It isn't easy.

I got to thinking about the US government in it's 240+ years of history.  While many countries experience dictatorships, military coups and votes of no confidence, we have been pretty stable.

I didn't like what happened on Jan 6, but the transition of power did take place.

Lots of different leaders.  Some I liked and some I did not like.  Some I voted for and some that I did not vote for.  But, regardless of what aisle you may or may not be on, I think that we can be thankful for routine, regular transfers of power.   And thankful for a stable government and a nation that gives us the right to dissent.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.


No comments: