Sunday, April 30, 2023

Alice

Her name is Alice.

I have been at this hotel for two weeks.  I have learned the names of, and got to know some of the employees.

The other day I was in the lobby getting coffee, and a man is checking out.  He is ugly about it.  He is not just ugly, he is ugly to Alice.  Alice is 72 years old.  Alice's husband died last year.  She is a human would rather be retired, but she is working to make ends meet.  She is a person.

Back to the man... Seems the hotel quoted him one rate, but his bill shows a higher rate.

He is ugly to Alice.  He is treating her as if she personally did this to him.  I went over and stood close to the counter.  I thought the presence of another human might cause the man to act a bit more humanely.  It did not.

I wanted to address him, but I did not.  But if I had, I would have said the following:

Sir, Alice did not do this to you personally.  Sir, you can be upset without being ugly.  Please do not hurt her because you are angry.  Life is short, kindness is always better than ugly.  Why don't you leave the lobby, regroup, get ahold of your mouth, and come back in and start over.

The next time you are upset, remember, you can get a problem addressed without hurting others.

She has a name.  Her name is Alice.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see and say the good.



No comments: