Saturday, May 13, 2023

Cynthia Mack

Most of you will not remember Cynthia Mack.  She was an active member of Woods Chapel.  She was fun and funny and a delightful Christian lady.  She was single, and she travelled for her work.  She was a trainer.

She passed away in 2000 at the age of 56.  Her children were devastated.  I was shocked- she was so young.  She was a tremendous loss to this world.

She died in San Jose, California on a road trip in her hotel room.  I went to high school in San Jose, and started college there.  I have often thought over the years about how sad to be on the road travelling and to pass away, alone in a hotel room.

- - - - - - 

Recently, I have been travelling for work again.  As I write this, I have been on the road for three weeks.  I have been doing work that I love.  The other morning as I was driving to the job site, I thought about how much I loved what I was doing.  To me, it just feels so good to be out working construction.

And I thought about Cynthia.  What if it wasn't sad?  What if she was on the road doing what she loved?  What if her end came while she was doing the things that made her happy?  If so, then there is no reason to be sad.  Finding fulfillment is this life is a beautiful thing indeed.

We are all going to die at some point.  How nice to pass away while doing something that you love.  My father passed away in the parking lot of his favorite restaurant.  He ate at Romanelli's on Wornall Road every single day without fail for lunch and dinner.

So, while I have no premonition of leaving this life, I want someone to know that I am happy.  I am in a place that feels like "my place, my groove."  I loved being a pastor.  I really love doing the work that I am doing now.

It feels good to be happy.  I wish that more of us humans could find satisfaction more often.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: