Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Laundry

So I was on the road for 3 weeks.  Even this guy has to do laundry at some point during a three week tour.   So, I went to the front desk to see if they had soap.  I told the gal at the desk that I wanted to do a load of wash. A load, one load.




She handed me all of this [not the jelly] and said, no charge. I told her that I could pay. She said no you’ve been very good to us.

So after I rounded up quarters, I did my laundry.  Oh what a blessing to have clean clothes!!!

I find it interesting that we tend to get back from people what we deliver to them.  If I deliver anger or hatefulness or selfishness... then no one will want to help me.  But if you are kind, it seems that kindness comes back.

The hard part is to continue to be kind to someone, even when they are nasty.  Let's keep working on that one.  If we can't love our neighbor whom we have seen, how can we love God whom we have not seen.  And so the Apostle John says that, "he who loves God must also love his brother."  1 John 4:21

It's a beautiful, clean day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: