Thursday, May 18, 2023

Oh, to be clean

So when I was working out of town, I would get pretty dirty on the job site.  I had the benefit each day of taking a shower back at the hotel.  I so appreciated the washing off of the dusty dirt and the sun screen and the dirt caked on in the sun screen.

I got to thinking about the new ministry at church that provides showers and more to the marginalized.

Every Saturday, volunteers from the church set up the shower trailer and a tent with all sort of personal needs items.


Volunteers help a person collect needed personal items.

Interesting development.  Others in the community have heard of this
ministry and are coming out to volunteer.  Here a hair stylist, not 
affiliated with the church [yet] gives a free haircut.

So, I expect a shower when I am dirty.  I expect a shower when I want one.  It is never a doubt that I can have a shower if I want one.

Ohhh, but if you live on the streets, a shower and a haircut are a blessing.  A miracle!!!  The joy that is on the faces of these folks when they come out of the shower, in clean clothes, it is unexplainable.  It brings tears to the eyes of we who take such things for granted.

Gratitude alert... we should all be thankful for showers.  For running water.  For towels.  For soap.

It is a beautiful, clean day in God's world, be sure to see the good.


No comments: