Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Who will be that baby's momma?

Our grandson now has a name... Cruz Aiden Lascon.


I was talking with a friend on Saturday about the effects of a new baby on a previously only child.  For example, my only grand child, Bella Lascon, was an only child until Cruz was born last week.  My friend and I were talking about what the older child thinks when a new one comes along.

Talk about a culture shock.  Now I have to share my mom???  What is that about???

My friend told me that her grandchild was sitting on her mother's lap.  The mom is nine months pregnant and the presently only child who will soon have a new brother, asked her mother, "who will be that baby's mother?"

Who will  be that baby's mother???

A three year old knows that mom will have another baby.  Fine.  But who will be it's mother, because you belong to me.  You are mine and mine alone.

Oh, what a perfect picture of the journey of life.  It is not about me.  We are constantly invited to find ways to share, to love, and to welcome others in.  It is not about you when you are three years old, and it is not about you when you are 30, 40, 50, 60 or 70.  Some adults still need to learn that.  They grow old, but never grow up.

It is not about you.  It is not about me.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.


No comments: