Monday, May 22, 2023

Heal the world

Was it Michael Jackson that sang, "Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for me, and the entire human race."

One of the things that I love about my handyman work is that I get to fix things.  I get to make things better.  I get to heal broken things.  At then end of a job I have the satisfaction that I made something whole.  

I also work hard to be gracious to the client while I am working.  Not just because I want to be asked back, but because we all need love and we all need to be healed.

We can heal people.  We can make the world a better place, one day, one act at a time.

Case in point... a recent cabinet end replacement.  The cabinet end had soaked up a bunch of water and delaminated.  I scraped off all of the loose debris, cut and fitted a new end cap, and painted it.

visible water damage to end cap.


New board cut and installed.


Making the world beautiful.  One day, one item, one thing, one person at a time.  Everyone needs a little healing.  We can help.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: