Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Nice

One of the things that I love about working out on construction jobs is that people are surprised when I am nice.

When I was a pastor, I was expected to be nice.  I was expected to be nice even when other people were ugly.  Nice wasn't anything special, it was just assumed.

On the job site, it is completely different.  Subcontractors expect the superintendent to be a jerk.  I have had several tell me that.  So when I am nice to them, it is a pleasant surprise.  Dale was running a piece of equipment the other day.  He called me over and asked why I was nice when most superintendents were not.  We had a nice discussion.

Well, whether it is expected or not, being nice is always good.  Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

And if nice is not reciprocated, just remember, some things in life are their own reward.  Being nice is it's own reward.

It's a beautiful, nice day in God's world, be sure to be the good.

No comments: