Friday, May 19, 2023

Elevator etiquette



When it comes to elevators, some people have not been trained in proper etiquette.  

When waiting for an elevator, one should stand to the side to give room for those who will be exiting the elevator.  The elevator should not be entered until everyone on it that wishes to leave has done so.

When waiting for, and boarding an elevator, pay attention to the line... do not cut in front of others who were there before you.

When you board the elevator, move to the back so that others can board as well.  If you find yourself on a crowded elevator and you are by the door, step off when the door opens so that others can get off easily, then step back on.

Never talk on your cell phone on an elevator.

I am sure that there are many more ideas for elevator etiquette.

So recently I was waiting for an elevator.  Me and a young man of about 20 years.  I watched how he followed all of the rules for correct behavior.  When we got onto the elevator, I told him "thank you for observing elevator etiquette."

He said, "well sir, I was raised right."

I loved that.  I wish that more parents took the time to train their children in matters of respect.  I wish that more people would work to be more considerate of others.

I can start the process with me, and you can start that process with you.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: