Sunday, May 14, 2023

In Church

Sunday I was in church in Elsbery, MO to hear my friend Laura Taylor preach.  It was a very nice service which included communion.

Pastor Laura

I received the elements and knelt at the rail.  It felt so good.  The church reminded me of the years that I spent serving the Mercer, MO congregation.  Small sanctuary, intimate, quiet... plenty of time to reflect.

Sanctuary seats about 100 I would say.

Anyway, I knelt at the rail.  And I prayed.  I prayed this:  God please forgive my sins.  Thank you for your many blessings.  Please help me to be more kind and more grateful.


This is the spot.

I would like to expound on those bullet points of prayer...

  • forgive my sin.  Yes I am 65 but I still have sins.  I do however find them pretty boring.
  • Thank you for my blessings... oh my gosh... where do you stop.  For family, for friends, for health.  For people who love me.  For people who like spending time with me.  For memories.  For the ability to work.  We could go on and on.
  • Help me to be more kind...  that involves thinking harder about my actions and seeing other people.  I think that we could all be more kind.
  • More grateful... enough said.  When we are grateful, our attitude completely changes.  We cannot be selfish and grateful at the same time.

Lord please forgive my sin.  Thank you for all of your blessings.  Please make me more kind.  Please make me more grateful.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: