Sunday, May 7, 2023

my watch is broken


It is not really 2:10.  But that is what my watch says.  I don't know what happened, but sometime yesterday, I hit it on something and broken the winding mechanism off.  Sometime yesterday... well I guess it was at 2:10 pm yesterday.

That essentially ended the life of this watch.  But don't be sad.  It has had a good life.  It lived for about 6 years, which is 48 in watch years.

This watch brought me a lot of comfort and a lot of good times.  It kept me current and got me to the church on time.

So this morning I had to ask myself.  Do I put on my watch or not?  If it doesn't work, why wear it?  

I put it on.  Why wear it?  Because I am used to it hanging there.  I am used to the feel.  I am used to the sounds.  I would have felt funny all day without it.  Next week I will be home and I will pick up it's twin that still works.  Until then, I will wear this broken, but comforting friend.  Don't discount the familiar things.  They can bring us a lot of joy.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: