Friday, November 24, 2023

Black Friday

I am not going out for Black Friday shopping.

Is that because we have already bought so much junk that we don't need any more? I don't know. I would like to think that my desire to want more, more bigger, more better, and more newer might be coming under control.

I have a truck. A 2006 Ford. I guess I could want another one, a newer one, but I don't. I have a Ford Mustang, 2010. I could easily want a newer one, but I don't. We have TV's. They are not the most modern. We could want more or better or newer TV's. But we don't.

We are not going out for black Friday shopping.

Oh friends, how the world becomes a better place when we stop wanting the next thing.

1 Tim 6:6-8 Godliness with contentment is great gain, for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. But if we have food and clothing, with these let us be content.

I am skipping Black Friday. We have enough stuff.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: