Monday, November 27, 2023

Question

An old friend sent in a question that kind of goes like this... If I am going to believe in the concept of the wideness of God's mercy, then how do I deal with people who say that you must accept Jesus as your personal savior or spend eternity in hell?

Answer...

Well... surprise!  The phrase "personal Savior" is not found in the Bible.  It is another part of our church created formulas.

Frankly though, I don't have any need to argue with people who limit God's grace.  I have no thought that I can change their minds.  I feel bad for them, and I pray for them to find God's mercy, but I don't try to change them.

You see, we humans prefer certainty over ambiguity.  That is why many religious people flock to fundamentalist  ways of thinking.  No questions are allowed, because no questions are needed.

How do you deal with them?  You don't have to.  Just love them and go on sharing God's amazing grace.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: