Thursday, November 30, 2023

Board in my eye



Jesus said, before you focus on the splinter in your brother's eye, take care of the board in your own eye.

So I was thinking of Christians who don’t love this group or that group. They don't like Russians or this race or that race or fans of a particular team or they don't like gay people, or whatever.

People will say that they love those groups, but if their attitudes and actions tell you otherwise, then you know that they don't love them. I have been thinking about how many people are guilty of the sin of withholding love.

As a Christian, I think that is a pretty core mistake. To claim to be a follower of the God that is love, but to withhold love from someone, I don't think it is right.

Before we sneer at the splinter that is in the eye of that other person, let us work to remove the board from our own eye.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com  

No comments: