Saturday, November 4, 2023

what problems?

So when I was in high school, I had a young life leader named Jim.

He was tall, good-looking, and played the guitar.  Was a big shot at a very big high school in California for all of the afore mentioned reasons.  His favorite scripture was Romans Eight, "I recognize that the present sufferings are not worthy to be compared with the glory that will be revealed." 

I can remember at 17 wondering and thinking, "He is 24. What does he know about suffering?" 

What did any of us know about suffering?  We lived in nice three-bedroom subdivision homes. Yes in the mid-70's there were gas lines at the local station, but it was a sign of the times.  Even with the gas crisis, America was booming. It was great times. What suffering could he have been talking about?

And then I stop and think... a person can get cleaned up.  They can put on nice clothes.  Then can even don a smile.  But still inside, they could be hurting.  Lots of happy, pretty, shiny people are hurting on the inside.

Jim, where ever you are, I hug you from afar.  I hope that you have found peace thru the years.

And if you are reading this blog today and your life is chocked full of pain and suffering... I care.  I hurt for you.  I hurt with you.  May you find grace and love and healing.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
- - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com  

No comments: