Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Homeless couple

I’m working the night shift in Omaha. I am taking a break sitting in the car. It’s 1:00am and it is 32° outside. A homeless couple is walking through the parking lot. They’re talking. I’m sure this is not their first night out in the cold.

I imagine their conversation.

He- Burr... you look beautiful
she- I think you’re fantastic.
He- please keep me warm tonight.
She- please don’t ever leave me... life on the street is hard enough. I can’t imagine doing it without you.

I don’t really know what they were saying, but I’m sure that they talk and feel and love and hurt just like all of us.

It’s a beautiful day in God’s world. It’s more beautiful for some than others. Be sure to see the good.
- - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com  

No comments: