Wednesday, June 19, 2024

I love you, but...

I love you, but.  But, there is this thing about you that I don't love.

Some have said, "hate the sin, love the sinner."  What a nice sounding bit of religious mumbo jumbo.  I love the sinner, but I hate what you do.

How does that sound to someone?  I love you, but I hate that you are a democrat.  I love you but I hate that you will vote for trump.  I love you but I hate some of what you do.

Is this love???  Who can tell me that this is love?  Again, we have found a way to practice excluding and shaming people and somehow call it love.

Here is how I see it... there is no, but.  I just love you.

What ever your weaknesses or faults are, I just love you.  I think that is how Jesus rolled.  Hate the sin, love the sinner??? Jesus never ever said anything like that, ever. 

He just loved people.  And so should we do the same.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: