Sunday, May 6, 2007

The happiest days of my life

A family was offered a job in another town. They considered the opportunity to move elsewhere, and decided to stay put. Some time later, one of the parents came to me and said the following, "among the reasons that we chose to stay in this town, was the Woods Chapel Church. The happiest time of our life has been while we were members of this church."

This comment touched me, and I have thought about it quite a bit since then. One of the thoughts that came to my mind is that I totally agree. The happiest time of my life has been since I have been a part of the Woods Chapel United Methodist Church. This is not to say that I didn't have happy times as a child or that other churches were not wonderful. But I can tell you this, I have made more friends in the past 13 years at this church than my entire life combined. I have seen more good, witnessed more miracles and watched more dreams come true than in the rest of my life combined.

I am so proud to have each of you as my friends. The opportunity that we have to make the journey together in life is a tremendous gift. Thank you for being you. Thank you for making this church the place that it is. Keep inviting your friends. We always have room for more.

No comments: