Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I wake to this day

Two years ago I was sick. When I was pronounced "well" by the doctors, something was different about me. Different in a good way. I was marked by those weeks of uncertainty. Now I wake to the day with a different expectation. Sure there are occaisional down moments [see Sunday's post] but for the most part, I am very glad to be alive in God's world.

Last night I was dreaming all night long. Sure seemed like it. There was a line of people to be baptized.....35 of them. Some of you were in the line. I spilled the water coming up the stairs and there was only few drops left in the bowl. The first person in line, a member who has struggled with life, asked for more water. She did not want to miss any of God's blessing. I gladly obliged. Those in line had a strong sense of joy and expectation as they waited and prayed for God to meet them and touch them.

Later on, I dreamed that I was talking to an old friend about coming back to church. People drop out for many reasons, sometimes they dont feel worthy. Well, we are never worthy in our own right. The blood of Jesus Christ makes us worthy. I am going to contact this old friend today and invite them to retake their place at the table of the Lord.

I woke up several times during the night....I wanted to get up and go to church. Finally 6am rolled around and I am up and excited and looking forward to what the day will bring.

This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Dear Inky, very very well said. I am praying for you today.

Its a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

terry said...

Absolutely beautiful.. your words have inspired me..