Sunday, May 20, 2007

It is Sunday Morning

Here we go again. When you are a minister, it sure seems like Sunday comes about 3 times a week. Arrughh! Its here again!

I had a bad dream last night, over and over again. There is water leaking from an air conditioner unit in the foyer ceiling. Soccer and other sports have started and the faithful will be fewer and fewer until thanksgiving.

It is a full morning. full of important things, but full none the less. 5 announcements, tours of the new building. 2nd Graders receive bibles. High school graduates are recognized. Two baptisms. 43 new members. All good stuff, but is there time for a sermon?

So, now I stop and think for a minute. I stop and listen. Ahhh. Yes, I hear it, right outside my office window. I hear it and it changes me. It changes my heart. What did I hear this morning? You guessed it.

I heard the birds sing. Listen. Can you hear them? Step outside. Listen.

What a glorious reminder of the goodness and glory of God. We are so easily drawn into negative circumstances, when all around is is the beauty of God's world.

I am renewed. I am ready to preach- no matter how much or how little time I have. Give me the microphone. I have something to say. First service starts in 45 minutes. I hope to see you this morning in the house of the Lord.

It is a beautiful day in God's world. Be sure to see the good.

No comments: