Thursday, May 24, 2007

Larry Stewart Field

I was reading in the Blue Springs Examiner. The School board is going to name the new football field at Blue Springs South after Larry Stewart. Bravo! Thank you!

There are a number of pieces in my world that cause me to miss Larry Stewart very deeply. He gave me a hat which sits on my office shelf. He gave me a golf ball embossed with the seal of Pres. Bush Sr. Mostly I miss him because he was a great man with a great big heart. He could laugh and the whole world laughed. He gave his time, his attention, and his money.

I am sorry to say this, but I am still not real happy with God for taking Larry. Why does such a good man die. We were pals. Aarruuughh!!!

I understand. I know all of the things that I believe about losing a friend. It still hurts.

I celebrate today a man who challenged all of us to be generous in thought, word and deed. I miss him. I see him alive in so many ways. I see how he touched so many and turned so many more into generous people.

Larry, my friend, you are grieved.

Thank you Blue Springs School Board for keeping his name out in front of the community.

No comments: