Friday, March 28, 2008

disappointment

Disappointment.

We all have it from time to time. We are disappointed by a family member, by a coworker, by a neighbor or a friend. If we were honest with ourselves, we would have to admit that we even disappoint ourselves from time to time.

I combat disappointment by reminding myself that maybe that was the best that they could do at that moment. I remind myself that everyone is a little bit broken, and maybe that is all they had to offer.

If they are crushing my boundaries, I will speak to them, but I try to remember that everyone is human.

Life is funny. One day you are on cloud nine cause your kid got into nursing school, the next day you are dealing with disappointment.

The best thing to remember when disappointed is that the sun is still shining. It may be foggy outside, but if we can see past the haze, the sun is still up there. God is good, and things always come around.

It’s a beautiful day in God’s world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: