Saturday, March 15, 2008

snow

How can it snow today? Tomorrow is Palm Sunday. It cannot snow today. I will not allow it. There is snow on my tulips, snow on bags of mulch that were waiting to be spread. There is snow on the football that the kids were playing with yesterday. My washed, ready for spring car is covered with snow.

I don't like it. I had some yard work planned for today. My kids were going to get to help. I don't want the snow.

Well, I guess that sometimes God needs to remind me that I am in sales, not management.

Sometimes in life you get what you want, and sometimes in life, you get what you get. The trick is to face the unhappy moments with joy. The trick is to choose to to see the good, even when it isn't rising to the top.

Ok, here we are, today, March 15th. It is snowing. Where is the good?

Well, I am alive. I was given, so far, the gift of today. My wife is home, and she still loves me. I have tons of friends. Everyone is reasonably healthy. There is food in the pantry. I am ready for tomorrow's sermon. I can relax today. Hmmmm. Maybe not so bad after all.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I reading this sitting on the tarmac of KCI waiting to get de-iced. It is amazing how you say things diectly to us when we need it the most, thanks for reminding of what really is important in our lives. Bill P