Sunday, March 30, 2008

I went to church yesterday

Yesterday I worshipped for two hours in the garden of God. I have missed this. I forgot just how much. What the winter has taken away, now the spring has restored.

Yesterday I planted iris that I was given a year ago. Some of it was sprouting in the box. I heard it saying to me, "Hello Jeff, you better get me in the ground. I am doing what I was created to do."

I moved some dirt. I pulled some weeds. I trimmed a few bushes that someone neglected to trim last year. I counted mums. 11 of the 16 that I planted last year have come back so far. They are pink and purple. Really pretty.

New grass is filling in the dead spots. The maples are making whirly gigs. The pears are getting ready to flower.

It felt good to be out. Healthy. Whole. I hope that you have something that you do in your life that brings you this much joy.

I thank God for the way that he speaks so clearly through things that grow. The voices of plants and flowers are not interfered with by human banter. They speak of God's greatness. They speak of his amazing abilities.

By the way, the daffodils and tulips are coming up at church. Keep an eye out for them.

It is a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: