Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I need you

I loved the post to yesterday's blog: "I don't think this was written to me.....but I'm going to pretend it was.....thank you."

I received several emails from folks wondering if yesterday's note was about them. There is such a deep need to be loved. I am reminded of the following story:

There's a Spanish story of a father and son who had become estranged. The son ran away, and the father set off to find him. He searched for months to no avail. Finally, in a last desperate effort to find him, the father put an ad in a Madrid newspaper. The ad read: "Dear Paco, meet me in front of this newspaper office at noon on Saturday. All is forgiven. I love you. Your Father." On Saturday 800 Pacos showed up, looking for forgiveness and love from their fathers.

Well, this isn't written today for anyone in particular. It is written to everyone.

I need you. I love you. You are awesome. Sue, Linda, Bill, Bob, Debbie, Paul, Jim, Stan, Amy, Mommytriplet, Lions Den Man, Rocky Soil, Anonymous, Chigger farmer, Paula, Dan, Cathy, Kathy, Mom, Dad, Alli, Jenny Scott, Fern, Betty, MaryAnn, Eric, Jean, Jerry, Gina, Sherri, Sherry, Becky. Glenda, Jan, Irene, Fred, Kim, Angie, Bruce, Doug, Brian, Laura, Holly, Kyle, Jennifer, Wendy, Missy, Andy, Greg, MaryBeth, and every single other one of you all......

I love you. I need you. You are so dear to me. I am so pleased to have you in my life.

And if I feel this way about you, imagine how much your heavenly Father loves you and wants to spend time with you.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Lion's Den Man said...

My dog hates storms and she senses when they are approaching. She also instinctively comes to the aid of the weaker opponent in the father versus child wrestling match. When our kids were babies our first dog would crawl underneath their crib when they were crying, just to be there for them, always waiting until we came to comfort them……….

Jeff, dogs, parents, God………….you get my point and since you are 50 I guess that makes you an ole dog, sometimes a sly dog but always a good and faithful one.

Peace,
Lion’s Den Man

Anonymous said...

As a read today's blog, I was moved by the love that God has grown in this pastor's heart for his people...and blessed to be one of those under this pastor's care. I think it is not so everywhere.

Then, I read the lion's den man's comment. Wow! An appropriate blessing over your life, pastor.

Know you are loved today.

Your friend