Thursday, March 6, 2008

I am losing you

I can feel you pulling away. I can see your absence. I have received enough calls, I know that you are sliding down the slope. I have tried to reach out. I have prayed for you. I have hugged you. I have been as direct with you as I can.

I know that you have been hurt. I know that you are afraid. I know that life seems really big and difficult right now. I also know someone who can help. This is not a cliche. It is not old news. In Jesus, we have a friend that sticks closer than a brother. In the dark valleys of life, we do have a Shepherd, and he is good. You can trust him. You can lean on him.

Everyone has problems. Do not be embarrassed, there is no reason to hide. Most people have no idea what is going on. Your church community loves you and dearly desires to help.

Step into the light and feel the warmth of God's love.

2 comments:

chigger farmer said...

When you speak to one, you minister to so many. I hope your intended read this - it is so encouraging, and the rest of us can also claim it's truth.

Unknown said...

Thank you for this post.

-Kara