Tuesday, March 4, 2008

the soul

Shhh. quiet. rest. turn off the TV.

Wait. right now. count to 20. Listen to your breathing.

Lord, these moments are yours and mine. I look only to you.

The mind worries. the soul is at rest. The mind complains, the soul looks for the presence of God. The noise of the trash truck in our brain keeps us from even being aware of the soul. Some people live and die, and exist only in the realm of the brain. The heart of God is in the soul. The spark of the divine, the image of God, is imprinted on our souls.

You have captured my interest. Where do I find the soul? Where do I look?

When I see someone I love and my heart leaps within me. Then my soul magnifies the Lord. When I innately know the good, I see the soul. The kingdom of God is within you.

What would today look like if I sought to live from my soul instead of from my brain? Give it a try. Let me know how it goes.

Our souls magnify the Lord.

Its a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa!!! To much to scan and move on. I had to copy/paste/print and pocket this one for later, alone over coffee. You shared a message about the soul...last fall, I think. You shared a few simple observations...that, when chewed on a while, became nurishment in my life.

You said that we were grateful that we were made to be souls...but, we act like bodies. (Actually, you said it all in the first person, but I joined you.)

"The enemy of the soul is business...we are always thinking, multi-tasking. Jesus went out to a quiet place to pray. We must slow our worlds down to enter the place of the soul."

Thank you for inviting me into a quiet place today...I'm impressed not to live as a body only today. Well, maybe for the next hour or so...baby steps.

"The soul isn't inside me...it's me." I appreciate how God speaks to me through my friend.

Your friend

Anonymous said...

thank you- my brain and my soul definitely needed to hear these words today. :)