Friday, December 12, 2008

I graduated

Last night I dreamed that I was graduating from high school. Maybe that is because Scott is graduating this year. Maybe it is because the staff Christmas party tonight has a high school reunion theme. Maybe it is because, who knows, it is only a dream.

Well, in the dream I was wearing a cap and gown. I was at my parents house and people were picking me up to go to the ceremony. In the dream I was absolutely giddy. Pure unadulterated happiness, and it all took place while I was asleep. Several times during the dream I started to wake up and I was just plain giddy. It was pretty funny.

Random story about my life: when I went to my high school graduation in 1975, I wore a pair of mirror sunglasses during the ceremony. Why? I don't know, I just thought it was funny. Well, after the walk thru, I received my diploma, shook the principal's hand and recessed out. While we are marching in line, recessing out, my mother presses through the crowd and grabs the glasses off of my face. She was furious. She didn't think that the sunglasses were very funny. Oddly, I still do. Ornery things that we did to our parents.

It's better to laugh than to cry. I wish you this day a bit of laughter, a bit of joy, a moment of giddiness.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you also had on bell bottoms and an afro. Under your cap and gown you probably had a tee shirt of the "Keep Truckin" guy with an oversized left foot and exaggerated hitch hiking thumb. And to top it off you were wearing platform shoes. I hope thats the way you accessorized your mirror shades. Far out man.
Erik B

Anonymous said...

Did you giggle like a Rob?