Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

On Christmas Day, I am still a big kid. When I was growing up, I could not sleep. We were so excited for the presents. My sisters and I would wake up at 4am and play monopoly and mousetrap. My Dad had made a rule that no one could go downstairs until 7am.

When I got my own place and my own family, the 7am rule went away. I am still the first one up. 5:20 this morning, I wake up and it takes about 20 seconds for your brain to realize that it is Christmas Day. I pop up, and here I am! I am going to make a pot of coffee and then put on the Christmas music very loud. I am going to wake them up and make them rise and shine. It is Jesus' birthday after all.

If the fun used to be the presents, now it is just being with my wife and kids. When I woke Cathy up 10 minutes ago and tried without success to get her out of bed, I told her "thanks." Thanks for every Christmas, thanks for every day, thanks for our family.

Thank you. Thank you for every pound of love that I have received from you. At Woods Chapel, love shows up in pounds, not ounces. Thank you for loving and supporting your church. Thank you for dreaming big and reaching out in ministry in the name of Jesus Christ. You have made some amazing things happen.

It is a beautiful day in God's world, wake up you sleeper! Anybody want to play monopoly?

Merry, Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll play!
I'm still a big kid too! Did you see the stars last night? I go out after everyone is in bed to find the brightest star in the sky and say a little christmas prayer and wish. This year after helping my son spread reindeer dust on the front lawn I told hime about my tradition that I have been doing every christmas eve for the last 42
years. He said he wanted to do it. He pointed out the brightest star and clasped his hands and prayed silently. It was the greatest present a father could ever ask for.

After he went off sleep, I went out did my prayer and then stayed up till after 2am listening to christmas music and watching my tree's and rejoicing in the wonders of christmas. I never get any sleep on christmas eve, I figure you can sleep the other 365 days of the year.

Merry Christmas my good friend, we are truley blessed!

Love you brother!!
Greg Steele