Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A quote from Sunday

Well, I enjoy all of the giving thanks. I hope you did too. Not to leave it behind, but I must move on to some other topics.

A quote from Sunday: Jonah 2:8 "those who cling to worthless idols forfeit the grace that could be theirs."

Wow. How many times have I read Jonah and I have totally missed those words. I am stunned as I consider their meaning.

Every time I have loved something too much, I missed God's grace. Every time that I called something more important, that was really less important, I missed some of the grace that God has for me.

I am not going to beat myself up with this verse, but it does give me a bit of a different perspective on the decisions that I make. They matter!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: