Wednesday, January 14, 2009

parking lot

Ok, here we go. I heard more yesterday about the problems of last Sunday.

Sunday we had several families that could not find a place to park. No spaces were available in our lot. They left the property and did not go to church. Some of them called in, and they were really wishing that they could have been in church. We need to build a new parking lot, now.

I do not want us to borrow the money. Based on what we currently have available, we are going to be about $100,000 short. I have already heard from two families, one can give $5,000 and one can give $10,000.

Many of you have nothing extra to give and that is fine. God will provide. However, I am asking you, if you are able to help us financially with this parking lot to do so. We must get moving on it as soon as possible.

Short term overflow will be at the cancer center. Please park up there and ride the shuttle down if at all possible. That will begin this Sunday, January 18th.

I am sorry to use this blog to solicit financial donations, but this is important. We must have more parking if we are going to continue to fulfill our mission of connecting people to Jesus Christ.

I want to finish with a comment and a p.s. that was posted yesterday by one of you: "This isn't my church, this isn't your church, this isn't Jeff's church. This is Jesus Christ's church. We need to make room because Jesus hasn't finished His work at Woods Chapel. I'll park at Everetts and walk. I'll carpool with friends. I'll sit on the stage in the choir seats. I'll go to services in the gym. I love the contemporary services but I'll come at 8am. I'll cut something selfish out of the budget to pledge to another capital drive. I will do whatever it takes to make sure that each and every person that God brings to the Woods Chapel parking lot comes in, is comfortable and is connected to His Son." ps. Will You?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

4 comments:

It's Nic said...

It is so important to have room for everyone coming to encounter Jesus. My prayers will be with your church as you make provisions so this can happen. As you found out, if people (members and seekers) feel like there is no room for them, they WILL go away.

May God continue to bless your church!

Anonymous said...

This is a great thing. Everything you mentioned will be worked through.

The Cancer Center overflow is a great start, you will work out a solution for the marriage and connecting class.

We are not far from talking about a new sanctuary and that will fix all the space problems in the building.

God has been great to WCC!

GB

Anonymous said...

Wow. I don't attend Woods Chapel, but I read this blog regularly. Based on the comment on today's blog, I think we need to move to Woods Chapel. I'll drop the family off at the door and I will park and walk from the gas station. I need the exercise.

Jeremy V. said...

Jeff, even though there is frustration, it is an absolutely AMAZING problem to have...I'm sure there are hundreds, if not thousands of churches that would love to have that problem. Thank you for all you do at Woods Chapel. Peace, Jeremy