Tuesday, January 27, 2009

prayer

Sorry for the late post. I am in Columbia yesterday and today meeting with the Bishop and the big bosses.

At first I was late to post because my computer could not find the hotel Internet. Then I was late to post because I got into this awesome, timely discussion with a couple of other pastors. Anyway, here I am.....

Prayer. Do your prayers come from your brain or from your soul? Are we thinking too much when we pray? Are we lost in our lives when we pray, or lost in God? I am thinking about a place of prayer, I am looking for it, I am finding it sometimes, where I am just lost in God's presence.

I am not worried about anything when I find this place. All needs are cared for, all wounds are healed. All concerns evaporate.

Forget the postures of prayer. Forget the ritual times and places of prayer. Just find a quiet time. Let your soul go out to God. Mother Mary said, my soul magnifies the Lord. Let's find that place together, you and I.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How wonderfully said...and how beautiful the gift of prayer! I rejoice that my pastor has the ability to express not only the concept of prayer but the breadth of it. Thank you, precious pastor and friend. You have taught me much in the short time I have known you. I'm so grateful to you and this church. It has opened a door to me that I cannot fully express to others...but God certainly does know.
Love you,
M.A.