Sunday, January 18, 2009

tolerance

They are not all like me. They are all not like you. Red, yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight.

Even the variety found among Christians is staggering. Pentecostals shout hallelujah. Amish resist "progress." Greek and Russian orthodox offer liturgy. Salvation Army [which is a church] helps the poor. Bible churches, missionary churches, evangelistic churches, reformed churches. Baptists, Methodists, Presbyterian, Church of Christ, who gets to say which one is right?

Only Jesus gets to separate the sheep from the goats. We don't get to do it. There is only one Holy Spirit and it isn't you and it isn't me.

If we spent as much time caring, loving, forgiving and reaching out in the name of Jesus as some folks do tearing others down, the world would be a much better place.

I can do nothing about what others do. But thank God, I can do something about what I do. Life is short and God is good. I think people are tired of constantly hearing about who the good ones and the bad ones are. Let's work together to bring the kingdom, and let God decide who gets to get in.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to state my "Amen" to that!

Anonymous said...

I always try to think: "when I am in heaven and I'm sitting at the dinner table, is it really going to matter what demoniation the person sitting next to me is?" I try to apply that to my everyday life as well.