Monday, January 5, 2009

valleys

Valleys. We all have them. Those odd times of life that just seem so discouraging. In my younger days, I was debilitated by them. They frightened me and disrupted the equilibrium of my life. I would always pray and ask God to take the valley away.

Well, I am a bit older now and I face valleys a little differently. I have learned that they are coming. They just are. They are going to be here. Things could be going fine, no problems, all is well, and here comes that feeling of being in a valley. When I remember that they are just a part of living, they don't bother me as much as they used too.

Another thing that I have learned about valleys is that they do not stay around for ever. If I just hang on and trust God, and keep doing the right things, the blues of the valley will eventually leave.

Probably the greatest thing that I have learned about valleys is that we are not alone in the valley. I may feel deserted in the valley, but God is with us always. Yea thou I walk through the valley of the shadow, I will fear no evil for Thou art with me. God comforts us in the valleys.

If you are in a valley now, please take heart. They are just a part of life. It will not last forever, and God is with you in that valley. Stop by the church and spend some time in the chapel. Find a friend and share a hug.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You always speak from the heart...straight to the heart of others. Thank you. You bless us with your honesty. You are so very "real." It is in this way that you have come to touch the lives of so many...including me. Again, thank you and bless you as you touch the lives of so many.
M.A.