Friday, April 16, 2010

a baby

Well, doesn't that beat it all. Last night I dreamed that the Brinkman's were going to have a baby. Ha ha. I don't know how long dreams last but that was a pretty worrisome few minutes of a dream that seemed to go on and on for ever. I would have been 70 when that baby graduated from high school!

I woke up.

I was very glad to wake up. Ahh, relief. It was only a dream.

There are lots of things in life that capture our worry for a time. They take over our lives and eat our lunch. Most of them, I wake up from too. They don't last for ever and life goes on. I shouldn't let the momentary worries take over my life. Soon they will be gone, and while I allow them the lead role in my life, I tend to miss seeing the truly beautiful.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, that wasn't a dream. It was a nightmare. And you don't have to change or feed it. Nor will you have to teach it how to drive.

Waking up was the dream.

Sharon said...

Like most people, there have been many times in my life when I've wished I could just "wake up" and it would all be good. To this day, I have moments when I can't believe that Chuck's not here and that it's not a bad dream. It's reality. But, he's not in pain and I will continue to "adjust". This is the "wilderness" of my life and I WILL get through it. In the meantime, there are more good days and it's spring--everyday is beautiful.