Thursday, April 8, 2010

the bird

Well, the bird that visited us for about four days, March 24-26th [see blog posts] has met her demise. I found her in the back yard yesterday near the window that she kept crashing into.

It is hard to figure, what was going thru that Robin's mind. Obviously she marched to a different drummer. It was odd to watch a part of God's creation acting in such a strange way. Maybe she was never going to make it on this earth.

Anyway, she is singing in bird heaven now. And I firmly believe that God understands and celebrates all of His creation, even those that are beyond our earthly comprehension.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

4 comments:

Lion's Den Man said...

I have known a few "Robins" like this in my life. I just moved on and let them go ahead with what they were doing....I hope I never ever do that again.

Colossians 1:16 16For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.

Peace,
Lion's Den Man

Anonymous said...

As we grow older things begin to cross my mind that have never sunk in before. I have come to realize I have fewer days in front of me than those behind me. We don't live forever! Now there's a revelation. As I have attended funerals of late I wonder what impact I have made in this mortal life and other than family who would mourn. These are things I think about though not from a morbid sense, but from the point of making a positive impact on lives, making a positive impact on creation, making a positive impact in the Kingdom of God. When I am gone will God say "well done good and faithful servant." Just things I think about.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Robins have Robin friends. I hope they do. It is nice to have someone to hang with and just be good friends. I busy myself with stuff to do but mostly just spend time by myself. Many people are friendly, but few if any are friends, there is a difference you know. Folks say "gee we haven't seen each other for a while" when they see you at Walmart. The same folks never call, they must be busy. I hope Robins have friends.

Anonymous said...

There's just something with Robins this year. We've had a lone robin doing the same thing at our house this week - window gazing and window crashing. Maybe these robins can't believe winter is actually gone, so they're wanting indoors.